Amanda Tinsley for Sheriff
When considering how best to summarize my vision for the future of the Sheriff’s Office, I reviewed the wisdom and words of inspirational thinkers and doers. I read devotionals focused on adversity and leadership. Knowing that the internal culture at the Sheriff’s Office must change, I considered the following questions: Why did I choose Law Enforcement as my career? Why do I stay? What or Who drew me or called me toward this profession? Who do I serve first? Do I love my job? Do I find great satisfaction in helping people? Why was I created? What is my purpose? How can I best help?
Focus on People and Purpose
I will lead the internal culture of the Sheriff’s Office toward focusing on people and purpose. Our mission must be to truly serve all people in the county, to support each other, and to fulfill the purpose for which we were created. It is time — past time, really — for modern, Christ-centered leadership at the Sheriff’s Office.
I know and believe God has called me to run for Sheriff of Oconee County. I have never had more peace about a decision in my entire life.
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4: 8-9
I will lead the Sheriff's office toward focusing on people and purpose.
1. We will focus on serving the people of the community with our hearts. We will care about the quality of work we produce, not just documenting the basic facts. Every Deputy will desire to be an active participant in resolving a call or investigation for the people involved. The people of Oconee are our family and we need to be the kind of servants who treat people as though what has happened to them has happened to one of our family members.
2. We will also focus on supporting each other. Our fellow officers in blue at our department and those at other Law Enforcement agencies. We will work as a unified department, not a department divided against itself. We need to act as a team if we are to provide the best quality of service to the citizens of the community.
3. We will focus on fulfilling the multitude of purposes for which we were created. Those of us who have been called to serve people were not created for one purpose. We were created for a multitude of purposes. We will remind ourselves why we serve and who we serve first.
As Sheriff I vow to turn the internal culture of the Sheriff’s office toward focusing on people and purpose.
· This can be accomplished by investing in our team members (the employees of the Sheriff’s Office), which will create a place where people love to work, are passionate about their jobs, and make excellence a never-ending, everyday quest.
· We will Put people first. And that’s everyone—our families, our team of employees, and our community.
· Our purpose—is the foundation of our culture, and it is what will make our team passionate about their jobs. It’s not all about the numbers of arrest or closed cases, the quality of service we provide will make us successful with the numbers. Our work MATTERS and affects the lives of people. We are all servants.
· People will be treated fairly, no matter what they look like on the outside. I will listen to the voices of the employees and the people. Under my watch, wrongs will be righted.
These actions will improve unity from within the Sheriffs Office, lower the costly expense of employee turnover, and enhance the quality of service we provide to our community.
I am offering the citizens of this County the opportunity to be a part of true change at the Sheriff’s Office. “We the People” do not have to accept the same old cookie-cutter, mediocre quality of service. I am offering dedication to improving the quality of service to the citizens of the County and supporting the employees of the Sheriff’s Office by being a servant leader, an EntreLeader. I promise to do these things to the best of my ability with a true servant’s heart.
I have been inspired by Dave Ramsey’s book “EntreLeadership.” I know his proven leadership methods can help revolutionize the Oconee County Sheriff’s Office – in fact, the entire Law Enforcement Profession! I plan to have my team attend his classes and read his books. Working as a team, we will change the internal culture of the Sheriff’s Office toward focusing on people and purpose.
“Often times, we confuse leadership with dictatorship. A dictator barks out orders and does not take into account the wants and needs of others. A servant leader is the complete opposite. A servant leader works tirelessly to develop his or her people and is focused on what they can do for others.” -Forbes
“Robert Greenleaf said that "the servant-leader is servant first." By that he meant that that the desire to serve, the "servant's heart," is a fundamental characteristic of a servant-leader. It is not about being servile, it is about wanting to help others. It is about identifying and meeting the needs of colleagues, customers, and communities.”
On Tuesday, June 9, 2020
vote for Amanda Tinsley
for Sheriff of Oconee County!
This website is paid for by Tinsley for Sheriff; P.O. Box 437, Fair Play, SC 29643
Connect With Us